Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coffee Consumption II

During the first 40 days of logging each coffee drink, I enjoyed 39 cups of press brewed coffee, 30 double shots and 22 cups of chemex brewed coffee, among other things. The last 40 days I have been drinking more espresso brewed coffee, logging 60 doubles consumed for enjoyment...the total number including training and grind setting would be slightly absurd. A few reasons my espresso drinkin' increased:

Espresso is the best. Oh how things change.
We've got some espresso roast of El Salvador San Eduardo in the cafe, come by and let me pull you a double. It's delicious.
Maybe you've noticed too, it's hot out there, and the less hot liquid the better.


With that said I still love brewed coffee, and I want to drink more of it. I added an Aeropress to my home set-up a few days ago, tinkering around with brew methods and have been enjoying this one so far. It's a really nice brewer and I'm looking forward to getting some different recipes for it. Would like to get better results from finer ground/shorter steeped brews than I have so far.

Back on topic, coffee consumption for the the last 40 days. I really stuck to the new seasonal coffees at Kaldi's this month with the exception of some Honduras from Intelligentsia.


Brewed Coffee and Drinks:

Some Starbucks drip and espresso in there while sitting in the Phoenix airport for hours. The drip wasn't bad all things considered, it was fresh brewed too. But the shot....errhmm...


Daily Consumption:


Lastly, Mike Phillips on Fox News Chicago. What he says about coffee makers half way through is spot on. Do your best to disregard the anchors. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. "He's the champion! He's the champion!" says the suspiciously excited anchor.

    ReplyDelete